Sunday, August 19, 2012

Funday Monday: August 20th, 2012

Well we're halfway through my birthday month and so far I'm lovin' it! Yesterday was the official day I turned one year older. Nothing exciting but as always worthwhile. It's been a long time since I posted a Funday Monday set, and a few things have popped up on my radar. This week's group of 5 involves stuff for writers (of course). Just a bit o' everything.

5. Reviewers Needed! So you're not into the full blown romance novel set, but you want to write reviews... how about YA/ New Adult? The Season Review site is looking for those interested in reviewing YA novels. You can sign up for what you want, but need some strong writing skills for more info check out THIS POST.

4. I love reading self-pub/indie books! If that's the case do you want to review them? Currently Lexcade and I are searching for a few good folks to help enhance our IndiesBooksRUs review blog. We want to do more but we're only two folks. 2013 is just around the corner so be on the lookout for a post here and there coming soon! Until then if you have some interest you can send me an email direct.

3. Writing Opportunity. Have you checked out the Writer's Digest site? I'm sure you'll tell me you have, but it's one of those things you can easily forget. What captured my interest is this upcoming webinar on Self-Editing. I can't participate due to the fact I work a day job during these hours, but I felt like sharing the wealth. If this doesn't interest you there's another webinar for query help coming up in September. Just check out the site. You won't regret it.

2. Avon Romance Addict? Yes this is a question for those fans of Tessa Dare, Caroline Linden, Julie Anne Long, Lynsay Sands, Kerrelyn Sparks and Lori Wilde to name a few. If you are then Avon is looking for 25 special addicts to get the opportunity of early reads, free swag, and other special perks. All you need do is apply here. Deadline to apply is September 7th, 2012.

1. Finally the last bit of Funday Monday jazz is this article that's a bit sad. I recently read this and thought heavily about the decline of the Ninja. This got me thinking about other practices throughout history that are now in a decline including doll collecting (weird I know). Not that I collect dolls, but I'm just saying. So when you're thinking about plotting a book something obscure like this may be fun, different. Just felt a need to share the news with the rest of those out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment