Sunday, June 10, 2012

Review: The Siren by Tiffany Reisz

Review: The Siren by Tiffany Reisz

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars!

For back cover blurb or more info about this author visit Tiffany Reisz's website here!

Sexy, emotional, heart-wrenching!

There's only one other book so far in 2012 that can claim the word heart-wrenching from my lips, but the first on the list is The Siren. Realistic characters who make you long to give up the vanilla bed-style for something a little darker in taste. Men who are smokin', and one woman who knows all the right moves. Reisz provides it all.

She's created a world where belts, whips, and chains are okay. Leather and tight spandex fitting material are not just the norm, but the rule. Collars mean more than a wedding ring, and pain is merely an alternative word for pleasure.

Can you tell I'm being cryptic? At least I'm going for cryptic, but I will share the fact that I read this book in 4 hours. 4 gut-wrenching hours because Kindle didn't want to download my purchase and because I had to find a wall outlet halfway through to charge the damn thing. There were moments of tears, I exclaimed out loud (which is rare for me), and I found Reisz's character development above and beyond. In my opinion Reisz reached into her own personal vault, dug deep, and ripped her emotional intestines out with this story. Sex... good sex (not perfect sex) is hard to write. An excellent story that contains sex, and not just any sex but BDSM sex, is a damn challenge. Reisz has officially set the bar just a bit higher on the scale, and I fear my erotic reading mind may be ruined for all other authors.

The book is all about Nora and her wacky way of convincing the men who love her to leave her be or tie her up. She's just trying to get her book published, and by the end of the story I was dying for her to get the publishing deal too. Nora is a go getter in every sense of the word and the everything from the dialogue to the internal conflict proves why she deserves to win. The backdrop of the New York and the surrounding is present, but doesn't hold a candle to the tension and emotions running rampant through the streets and in little hidey holes. I will caution those who aren't adventurous to steer clear. This book is definitely one you must walk with eyes and mind open to the possibilities.

Previous fans, and followers of Tiffany's blog will be happy to know this story falls within the realm of the Kingsley/Eleanor world we were introduced to early on in Reisz' Spice Briefs The Seven Day Loan and Immersed in Pleasure. I'm really not going to provide any more details beyond you must read this book. It does contain hardcore relationships and Reisz never uses the dreaded 'M' word.

P.S. No clue when the next book comes out, but it will be on my pre-order list.

No comments:

Post a Comment