Sunday, November 6, 2011

Funday Monday - November 7, 2011

Another Funday Monday is here! I'm too chipper, I know, but if it makes you feel any better I'm singing the Mickey Mouse themed "Monday Sucks" song.



Now that I've made you feel rotten with the Monday anthem, let's see if I can cheer you up. Here's my top 4 for Monday. Seeing that we're now in the throes of NaNoWriMo the theme for this week is based on idea generators.

1. Language is a Virus- This site has tons of writing exercises, tips, and idea generators. I got a good case of the giggles when I clicked on their name generator. I tend to laugh at the idea of calling my character Lovie Starbuck Lorene. But to each their own, it could be useful. There are lots of process suggestions and other things to check out. I recommend that you do not visit this site until you have time to waste... simply because I found myself peeking at things for more than an hour.

2. Seventh Sanctum- Generators for just about anything and everything. I'm a geek for comics, superheroes, and fantasy. For those out there wanting to explore their geek-gene this site will let you do it. Character Generators to names of Equipment or Candies-- this particular site has just about everything. It's chock full of creative goodness. *Caution* I have no clue how often generated ideas are repeated so it's likely that others may stumble upon the same things. Still it could spawn some latent ideas in your brain.

3. Mad Libs World- I threw this in just for fun. Simply because I love the wacky combinations that come from a Mad Lib. They're hilarious; especially when you let the kids fill 'em in. This site has several including a Christmas Carol one. If you're stuck coming up with the next scene unwind with a little Mad Lib.

4. One Hundred Bad NaNoWriMo Ideas- Alrighty this is a list that made me laugh. Honestly I wanted to share with everyone else and encourage others to come up with an equally giggle worthy bad idea. I really laughed because this list almost crossed out every idea I had (not really, but close). There are a few moments of  "eh?". But it's all in good fun. So tell me... what's your seriously bad NaNoWriMo Idea??

That wraps my opportunity to cheer you up! Here's to National Novel Writing Month. I hope that everyone's attempt is well worth the struggle... that sounded horrible : > p
Good Luck and good day!

1 comment:

  1. You've already helped me discard so many bad ideas, I don't need any more. ;-)

    Love the Mad Libs!

    ReplyDelete